PUBLIC RELATIONS UNIT
The Public Relations Unit is committed to the development and implementation of effective strategies and programmes that will engender cordial and mutually beneficial relationships between KSB and its Publics.
- Develop implement and monitor annual Public Relations Programmes to identify and address customer needs, create awareness and disseminate relevant information to all stakeholders.
- Publish and disseminate relevant publicity materials to enhance internal and external communication.
- Monitor the media, lobby groups and any other interested parties and act promptly to promote a positive corporate image.
- Avail relevant and current information through the updating and maintenance of the industry website.
FUNCTIONS OF THE PUBLIC RELATIONS UNIT:
- Internal Communication- In this regard Public Relations unit shall identify and facilitate the implementation of effective methods of communication for the harmonious operation of the organization.
- External Communication- In a bid to ensure cordial relationships between KSB and all its stakeholders, the Public Relations Unit shall ensure that the organization effectively communicates to all its stakeholders.
- Customer Care- Kenya Sugar Board recognizes the need to offer excellent service and exceed our stakeholders’ expectations.
- Library Services- KSB runs an audio visual industry Library that is available to KSB, industry staff, student and the general public.
- Publicity- The unit ensures adequate publicity for the organization to create awareness and keep our stakeholders informed of pertinent issue concerning the industry.
- Media- The media is an important tool and stakeholder for the organization. The unit shall therefore ensure that the organization continuously enjoys cordial relations with the media.
PR UNIT ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE:
- PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
Design implements and evaluate Public Relations strategies.
Collect and collate information necessary for the production of organizational and industry Publications.
Design and facilitate the implementation of KSB’s Resource Centre policies, systems and procedures.
Word process departmental work. Develop, implement and maintain effective filling system.